Course Price: £660
This is a 10 day on-snow training and assessment course, in which the following subjects are covered and assessed:
- Technical Snowboarding (practical)
- A thorough grounding in the snowboard instructor technical syllabus (central theme)
- Snowboard Teaching (practical)
- Training, analysis and practice of teaching snowboarding using the progression skills from the technical syllabus
- Theory and Off-snow Content
- Safety and fitness for Snowboarding
- Lesson planning
- Technical consolidation
- Principles and practice of snowboard teaching
By the end of the course successful students will be able to ride to the level required, have the knowledge, ability and understanding to teach snowboarding in a variety of situations. On completion of the course students will be issued with a written report. The Snowboard Level 2 Instructor can teach all aspects of the snowboarding central theme up to and including basic turning within the confines of a patrolled area. Individuals who do not reach the required level may be required to resit all or part of the course.
Re-assessments must be taken within 2 years of the date of the course failed, otherwise the candidate will be required to pay for and attend the whole course again.
If a candidate fails both the Teaching and the Technical elements of the course, they must retake the whole 10 day Level 2 course.
If a candidate fails the Teaching or Technical element of the course, they can book onto a 5 day Refresher/L2 Re-assessment course.
If a candidate fails the 5 day Re-assessment course twice, they must complete the whole 10 day Level 2 course again.