British Association of Snowsport Instructors Limited
Invitation to stand for Election – Marketing Director
Advance notice is hereby given that a General Meeting of The British Association of Snowsport Instructors Limited shall be held on Saturday 22 April 2017 in Hintertux, Austria for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, considering the following resolution:
“Ordinary Resolution 1”
Election of Marketing Director
NOTE: Members are invited to submit their intention to stand for this post to the Board no later than 5pm Friday 24 February 2017 and subject to applicants being eligible for election, those names will be in the “Notice of General Meeting” which will be posted no later than 6 weeks before the meeting to be held on 22 April 2017.
Further information on how to submit your nomination to stand is detailed below.
Dated: 1 February 2017
By order of the Board
R. James Lister, Chairman
Invitation to stand for Election to the BASI Board
Nominations for Ordinary Resolution 1 – BASI Marketing Director
If you are keen to get involved and have the enthusiasm and skills to serve BASI in the position of Director please send in your nomination. BASI is seeking nominations from Members who can demonstrate the specific skill sets that relate to the position in order to be able to support the Board. Evidence of experience and skills must be included in your application and CV.
For details on the role of the Marketing Director please review the BASI Articles of Association. These are available to view here. Further information is also available from the Board of Directors.
Eligibility to Stand for Election
Article 31. No member shall be eligible for election to the office of Director, Chairperson, Chairperson Elect, Members Ombudsman or Secretary at any General Meeting unless he is a full or life Member and, not less than eight weeks before the date appointed for the meeting.
Nominations to stand for a position on the BASI Board of Directors must be submitted to the BASI office no later than 5pm on Friday 24 February 2017 either by post or email marked ‘Nominations’ - FAO. Mr R. James Lister, BASI Chairman but sent to Karen Race, BASI, Morlich House, 17 The Square, Grantown on Spey, Morayshire, PH26 3HG (email: Krace@basi.org.uk )
Nominations must be from the Member wishing to stand and include the following:
- A statement of your willingness to serve BASI in the role of Director
- Full CV which expands to demonstrate the skills and experience you have for the position (CV’s will be published publicly in the voting paperwork and online)
- Proposer and Seconder Nominations. A personal email or letter marked ‘Nominations’ FAO of Mr R. James Lister, BASI Chairman (sent to Karen Race, BASI, Morlich House, 17 The Square, Grantown on Spey, Morayshire, PH26 3HG (Krace@basi.org.uk ) must be received from each proposer and seconder. This must be from current Full or Life Members who are eligible to vote in respect of the position that they are proposing or seconding
- Marketing Director can be voted on by all current Full & Life Members. The proposer and seconder nominations must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 24 February 2017
- A personal résumé of no more than 150 words to go into public voting documents and on the BASI web site
- A suitable recent head shot photograph (no hats or goggles, jpeg format) of yourself sent by email
We look forward to receiving your nominations.
If you would like further information regarding the role of Marketing Director please contact the Chairman of the Board, Mr R. James Lister or Secretary to the Board, Mr Andrew (Don) Bates.
R. James Lister